Egyptian Lotus Flower Pendant - Aqua & Royal Blue Wedding Jewelry - Museum Store
'Egyptian Lotuses' Aqua and Royal Blue Lotus Flower Pendant Necklace From Our Museum Store Collection
• Lotus fan shaped enameled pendant measure 2 inch in length by one inch, comes with 18 inch snake chain with lobster clasp.
• The cloisonne technique used here was highly appreciated by the Ancient Egyptians. Symbolism always played a very important role in Egyptian art. The lotus flower is directly linked to the idea of rebirth. It is from this flower that the sun rises every morning. Furthermore, the color royal blue symbolizes the deep blue of the sky at night, while the light aqua blue is a symbol of joy. Our jewelry is inspired by a lotus pendant with a center lotus flower made by gold-wire and glass flux. It is the only piece of its kind to be found together with numerous other pieces of jewelry in the tomb of the Meroitic queen Amanishakheto, who is believed to have ruled from 10 BC to 1 AD. Partial proceeds from the sale of this product support the Ägyptisches Museum, Berlin.
• Neoclassical design makes an elegant and traditional statement in a modern context by combining contemporary techniques with timeless themes and design elements drawn from the ancient world
• Free Gift Packaging | Photos enlarged to show detail | Ethically Sourced | 6 Month Warranty |
• Details: Total Weight: 6 Grams | Setting: no-metal-stamp, Base | Pendant: 50.8 mm (2in) | Width: 25.4 mm (1in) | Necklace/Chain: 25.4 in (64.52cm) | Length: 50.8 mm (2in) | Height: 50.8 mm (2in) | Condition: New | Includes: Gift Pouch/Bag