Antique Matte Gold Finish Napoleon Bumble Bee Pendant Necklace 18" Charm 0.75"
'Charming Honey Bee' From Our Museum Collection
When Napoleon Bonaparte took up residence in the Royal Palace at Tuileries he refused to spend money on new decor. However, he could not allow the drapery - with its embroidered fleur-de-lis (the French Royal emblem) - to continue to hang in the windows of the palace. His solution was to have the rich and elegant drapes turned upside down. The inverted symbol of the overthrown monarchy looked like a bee. From then on, the tenacious bee became the emblem of Napoleon Bonaparte.
• Elegant bee in a matte gold finish charmingly accented with dotted wings and eyes, dangles from a delicate 18 inch chain with spring-ring closure. Bee charm measure 20mm length, 20mm wide. Textured bee has black epoxy highlights for an antique look.
• Authentic Branded Item - Pricegems is a registered trademark and an authorized retailer of this museum replica product. Beware of inferior imitations. Search ‘Pricegems’ to see our complete collection.
• Vintage styling recreates the timeless elegance and beauty from a bygone era, preserving for the present the best from the past.
• Handcrafted in USA under strict standards of quality and workmanship | Free Gift Packaging | Photos enlarged to show detail | Ethically Sourced | 90 Days Warranty
• Details: Total Weight: 3 Grams | Setting: no-metal-stamp, pewter | Pendant: 20 mm (0.8in) | Width: 20 mm (0.8in) | Length Necklace/Chain: 18 in (45.7cm) | Period/Style: Vintage | Origin: USA | Condition: New | Includes: Gift Pouch/Bag