Gold Cream and White Enamel Elizabethan Lizard Salamander Gecko Brooch 2" W
Elizabethan Salamander Brooch - From Our Museum Collection
This jewelry is inspired by a piece from the Cheapside Hoard museum collection. The Cheapside Hoard is the greatest collection of Elizabethan and Jacobean jewelry ever found. The jewelry was discovered in an old wooden casket beneath one of Londons busiest streets called Cheapside and had lain undisturbed for nearly 300 years. The Salamander was a talisman as a salamander is believed to be able to walk through fire unhurt because of the white secreted juices it produces which protects itself.
Part of the proceeds from the sale of this product support the Museum of London.
• An ingenuous design showcases a creamy enamel figure in the form of a salamander with splayed limbs, raised head, gaping mouth and tightly curled tail adorned with bright green cabochon stones and sparkling clear crystals accents. Simply gorgeous for that fun loving person in your life. Piece features ten 3mm - 4mm green glass cabochons, twenty-eight 1mm clear crystals. Pin measures 50mm in length with pin stem and safety clasp.
• Authentic Branded Item - Pricegems is a registered trademark. Search ‘Pricegems’ to see our complete collection. HIGH QUALITY MATERIAL - Nickel, Lead and Cadmium Free.
• Vintage styling recreates the timeless elegance and beauty from a bygone era, preserving for the present the best from the past.
• Free Gift Packaging | Photos enlarged to show detail | Ethically Sourced | 90 Days Warranty
• Details: Total Weight: 8 Grams | Setting: no-metal-stamp, Pewter | Width: 20 mm (0.8in) | Item Length: 50 mm (2in) | Height: 50 mm (2in) | Period/Style: Vintage | Condition: New | Includes: Gift Pouch/Bag