'Jeweled Basket' Purple Russian Imperial Egg Pendant Necklace, Museum Collection
• A delicate chain presents a unique egg fashioned in the shape of an open basket setting with dazzling crystals and a red cabochon punctuating the bottom of the basket. The lower section of the egg is enameled in a rich burgundy with a gold-tone trim set with a cabochon within the design. Open cage egg measures 20mm by 13mm.
• Imperial court jeweler and his craftsmen created magnificent eggs of various designs not only for Russian nobility, but also for European dignitaries. In 1886 the House of the Designer was granted an annual commission by Czar Alexander III to produce eggs for the Imperial family. Our richly designed miniature eggs are inspired by these creations.
• The Art Nouveau style, precursor of Art Deco, combines natural themes with whimsical design elements inspired by Nature. Defined by the natural curved forms and lines of life itself, Art Nouveau ('New Art') is essentially organic, as it was a reaction to the sterile academic style that had dominated Europe for centuries.
• Free Gift Packaging | Photos enlarged to show detail | Ethically Sourced | 90 Days Warranty
• Details: Total Weight: 7 Grams | Setting: no-metal-stamp, Pewter | Pendant: 19.05 mm (0.8in) | Width: 12.7 mm (0.5in) | Length Necklace/Chain: 18 in (45.7cm) | Item Length: 19.05 mm (0.8in) | Period/Style: Art Nouveau | Condition: New | Includes: Gift Pouch/Bag