Gold Finish Red Black Enamel Ladybug Egg Shaped Christmas Pendant Necklace 18"
This jewelry is an adaptation of a pendant egg made in Russia in the early 20th century. Traditionally, miniature eggs, a symbol of Resurrection. Imperial court jeweler and his craftsmen created magnificent eggs of various designs not only for Russian nobility, but also for European dignitaries. In 1886 the House of the Designer was granted an annual commission by Czar Alexander III to produce eggs for the Imperial family. Our richly designed miniature eggs are inspired by these creations.
• A delicate chain presents a lively ladybug pendant covered in red and black enameling. The pendant is fully formed into an egg shape. Egg measures 20mm by 14mm, 0.75 inch by 0.50 inch.
• Authentic Branded Item - Pricegems is a registered trademark and an authorized retailer of museum replica jewelry. Beware of inferior imitations. Search ‘Pricegems’ to see our complete collection.
• The Art Nouveau style, precursor of Art Deco, combines natural themes with whimsical design elements inspired by Nature. Defined by the natural curved forms and lines of life itself, Art Nouveau ('New Art') is essentially organic, as it was a reaction to the sterile academic style that had dominated Europe for centuries.
• Free Gift Packaging | Photos enlarged to show detail | Ethically Sourced | 90 Days Warranty
• Details: Total Weight: 9 Grams | Setting: no-metal-stamp, Pewter | Pendant: 19 mm (0.7in) | Width: 12.7 mm (0.5in) | Length Necklace/Chain: 18 in (45.7cm) | Item Length: 19 mm (0.7in) | Height: 19 mm (0.7in) | Period/Style: Art Nouveau | Condition: New | Includes: Gift Pouch/Bag