Vienna Secessionist Enamel Lapis Lazuli Bracelet, 7" - Pricegems Museum Store
Vienna Secessionist Enamel Gemstone Bracelet - From Our Museum Store Collection
• Inspired by the collections of the Virginia Museum of Fine Arts. Vienna Secessionist Jewelry Enameled Bracelet With Cobalt Blue Lapis Gemstone.
• In 1897 a group of Austrian artists gave birth to a modern aesthetic movement known as the Wiener Secession exploring the possibilities of art outside the confines of established academic tradition. This jewelry is inspired by a buckle designed by Secessionist artist/ designer Josef Maria Auchentaller (Austrian, 1865-1949) and produced by his father-in-law’s firm Georg Anton Scheid (founded in 1882) in Vienna. The original buckle is gilded silver, enamel and blue stone.
• The Art Nouveau style, precursor of Art Deco, combines natural themes with whimsical design elements inspired by Nature. Defined by the natural curved forms and lines of life itself, Art Nouveau ('New Art') is essentially organic, as it was a reaction to the sterile academic style that had dominated Europe for centuries.
• Handcrafted in USA under strict standards of quality and workmanship | Free Gift Packaging | Photos enlarged to show detail | Ethically Sourced | 90 Days Warranty
• Details: Total Weight: 19 Grams | Total Carats: 0.07 Carat | Setting: no-metal-stamp, pewter | Main Stone: 2 mm (0.1in) | Width: 13 mm (0.5in) | Length Necklace/Chain: 7 in (17.8cm) | Height: 13 mm (0.5in) | Natural Lapis-Lazuli: heat-treated,coated,dyed 0.07 Carat blue I3 round-shape | Period/Style: Art Nouveau | Origin: USA | Condition: New | Includes: Gift Pouch/Bag