Antique Matte Finish Napoleon Bumble Bee Earrings, 1" Pricegems Museum Store
Designer Bee Collection
• Elegant golden bees in a matte gold-finish are charmingly accented with dotted wings and eyes and dangle from French-wires with smooth accent simulated amber beads. Drop earrings measure: 1.25 inch. Bee charms measure 20mm length, 20mm wide; beads measure 3mm. Bees have black epoxy highlights for an antique look.
• When Napoleon Bonaparte took up residence in the Royal Palace at Tuileries he refused to spend money on new decor. However, he could not allow the drapery - with its embroidered fleur-de-lis (the French Royal emblem) - to continue to hang in the windows of the palace. His solution was to have the rich and elegant drapes turned upside down. The inverted symbol of the overthrown monarchy looked like a bee. From then on, the tenacious bee became the emblem of Napoleon Bonaparte.
• Vintage styling recreates the timeless elegance and beauty from a bygone era, preserving for the present the best from the past.
• Handcrafted in USA under strict standards of quality and workmanship | Free Gift Packaging | Photos enlarged to show detail | Ethically Sourced | 90 Days Warranty
• Details: Total Weight: 4 Grams | Setting: no-metal-stamp, pewter | Width: 20 mm (0.8in) | Item Length: 31.75 mm (1.3in) | Height: 2 mm (0.1in) | Period/Style: Vintage | Origin: USA | Condition: New | Includes: Gift Pouch/Bag