Enameled Bejeweled Elizabethan Salamander Brooch - Pricegems Museum Store
Gorgeous pin. Enameled Bejeweled Elizabethan Salamander Brooch - Pricegems Museum Store
• An ingenuous design featuring a creamy epoxy enamel brooch in the form of a salamander with splayed limbs, raised head, gaping mouth and tightly curled tail adorn with bright green cabochon stones and sparkling clear crystals accents. Simply gorgeous for that fun person in your life. Materials: base metal alloy, ten 3mm - 4mm green glass cabochons, twenty-eight 1mm clear crystals. Pin measures 50mm in length with pin stem and safety clasp. Nice for hats.
• This jewelry is inspired by a piece from the Cheapside Hoard museum collection. The Cheapside Hoard is the greatest collection of Elizabethan and Jacobean jewelry ever found. The jewelry was discovered in an old wooden casket beneath one of Londons busiest streets called Cheapside and had lain undisturbed for nearly 300 years. The Salamander was a talisman as a salamander is believed to be able to walk through fire unhurt because of the white secreted juices it produces which protects itself.
• Vintage styling recreates the timeless elegance and beauty from a bygone era, preserving for the present the best from the past.
• Free Gift Packaging | Photos enlarged to show detail | Ethically Sourced | 90 Days Warranty
• Details: Total Weight: 8 Grams | Setting: no-metal-stamp, Pewter | Width: 20 mm (0.8in) | Item Length: 50 mm (2in) | Height: 50 mm (2in) | Period/Style: Vintage | Origin: Import | Condition: New | Includes: Gift Pouch/Bag