Matte Finish Long Life Chinese Shou Symbol Brooch - Pricegems Museum Collection
• Stunning, classical brooch with a matte gold-finish illustrates the Chinese symbol for longevity. Horizontal pin closure. Diameter 1 1/2".
• Like a written or spoken language, symbols in Chinese art are a means of communication. The shou character means long life. According to traditional beliefs, the presence of a given visual symbol could have a specific, desired effect on the life of the bearer. Our stylized shou symbol is adapted from a Chinese necklace in the collection of the Peabody Essex Museum. Proceeds from the sale of this product support the Peabody Essex Museum.
• Neoclassical design makes an elegant and traditional statement in a modern context by combining contemporary techniques with timeless themes and design elements drawn from the ancient world
• Free Gift Packaging | Photos enlarged to show detail | Ethically Sourced | 90 Days Warranty
• Details: Total Weight: 6 Grams | Setting: no-metal-stamp, pewter | Width: 38.1 mm (1.5in) | Item Length: 38.1 mm (1.5in) | Height: 1.5 mm (0.1in) | Diameter: 38.1 mm (1.5in) | Period/Style: Neoclassical | Condition: New | Includes: Gift Pouch/Bag